Monday, August 25, 2008

Homemade Laundry Soap

My sister Jennifer recently started talking about Homemade Laundry Soap. So I decided to give it a try. The recipe (found at http://modcottage.com/?p=117) includes 1 bar of Fels-Naptha soap, 1 cup of Borax, 1 cup of Washing Soda, and a 1/4 cup of OxyClean. And instead of dryer sheets I am using vinegar in my downy ball. Jennifer was having a hard time finding the Washing Soda. I found all the products at a grocery store called Garden Fresh Market.



I grated the soap with a cheese grater. The final mix is pretty chunky, not real fine and powery.



My first load is in the washer now. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yahoo! So exciting! I will be heading to the store as soon as Joshua wakes up from his nap.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're making homemade soap! Next we'll have you baking bread and making quilts - no wait, that's my job! You are becoming sooooo domesticated. I love it!